Saturday 2 March 2013

Things we say when we are small

My mother kept a few things that my younger brother and I said when we were children.

Me:
  • 3 years: "Mummy, why don't cattle go in catalogues?"
  • 6 years: Observing ice crystals in jelly: "My jelly is isolated".
  • 9 years: Playing clarinet: "Plaisir d'Amour must be about crusaders who wore armour".
  • 11 years: "Is Trigonometry something to do with guns?"

My brother:
  • 2 years: "I'm not a son, I'm a moon!"
  • 3 years: "The sky doesn't fall down because the trees hold it up".
  • 4 years: "If you get burned you turn into a gorilla."
  • 5 years: Busily cutting up paper litter to make confetti: "My arms are getting tired with all this literary stuff".
  • 10 years: "People never seem to have obtuse appendix, just acute."
  • 11 years: "Today in Science we learned about sour vanilla". (Salmonella)

No comments:

Post a Comment