Monday 18 March 2013

The embrace

I would like to lie a long time in your arms,
to become almost as one,
breathing you in,
absorbing your long-forgotten scent,
As if memories by osmosis could enter my skin,
and fuse the fabric of my being.

You and me, me and you,
entwined in an endless litany,
giving to each other in a breath
the warmth of our souls.
Our eyes speak our magic,
a magic that is understood.

The smooth warmth of our skins pressed close,
our hearts beating together, unison.
The darkness does not encroach.
We are soft, like it,
coloured of moonshade
slanting across our nakedness,
naked but safe, enclosed by you.

Fathomless depths in a look,
a picture, a thousand words.
In your eyes I can see your soul.
It shines for me and my being lifts,
and marvels at the wonder
that is you, and me,
entwined in a lingering embrace.

I need to feel you once again,
the reassurance of your arms,
Your warm breath, breathing me in.
Like a drug you are addictive,
I cannot get enough of you.


© Jennifer Phillips (All rights reserved)
Image © Jennifer Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment