Friday 1 March 2013

Budding

I intend to start this new month with an image of as yet unopened buds. This month holds new potential.

Yesterday was my son's seventh birthday, and it gave me cause to reflect that seven years ago I had given birth, required quite some repairing, and here seven years later my body again bears the scars of life.

I think I have so far had a life well lived, and as I approach the 'middle age' I think I am not going to bother so much as I have done in the past with what others might think of me. I know who I am and where I've been. I'm just going to put it out there, and if it resonates with someone, then that's wonderful, and thank you.

In every challenge there is a lesson. I have had many physical, mental and emotional challenges, particularly in the last two years. I have decided I am going to be one of those really tough old birds who outlive everyone because I feel like I have had enough suffering already. Enough said, here is my picture of new beginnings:

Amaryllis belladonna buds (Naked lady lily) © Jennifer Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment