Wednesday 5 March 2014

Underneath the flowers

Just met, we really like each other...
We run from this dull party - escape.
Catch our breath behind a tree, and breathing fast, 
imagine our hidden love take shape.

You lead me down to a secret place -
a flowered bower, where angels must have trod -
petals scatter thickly across our path...
Seems we've entered the abode of a forest god.

I look into your eyes, crave the entrapment I see.
Reflected stars shine deep in their pools.
I want to plumb your depths, you're yet a mystery.
We lie down now, under a heavily blossomed tree.

Underneath the flowers,
inhaling their scent
stealing kisses in the night
we're occupied for hours.

Your scent is musk
and I drink you in like wine,
down beneath the flowers,
you caress me so fine.

The moon casts a silver sheen
over your smooth skin.
I trace your contours,
while you explore my ravine.

We taste salt kisses, merged together,
in this time out of time, and out of place
Dreaming together, we're stolen from the night...
A smile lingers across your face.

You employ all your power
as the petals float down in showers,
hidden in our blossomed bower
I ride upon your tower.

We undulate like waves
underneath the flowers
until we're spent.
Our stolen time is Heaven-sent.

Yet all good things must end...
We see the gleam of dawn
pushing at the edge of night.
Brush away petals, and sated, we yawn.

Entwined then, wend our way slowly back -
leisurely walk the petalled path,
as the moon tracks toward the dawn -
tracing our last minutes over memory's horizon.

Underneath the flowers,
we were occupied for hours.
Your scent was musk
and I drank you in like wine,
down beneath the flowers,
you caressed me so fine.


© Jennifer Phillips (All rights reserved)
Cherry blossoms at night © Jennifer Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment