Sunday 23 March 2014

In this universe I sing

In this universe I sing
Of uncommon ground
I share a space with you 
As large as I can imagine
or
As small as I can conceive
From enormity to intimacy
Vast as salty seas I have crossed but once
Deep as caves I have explored by touch alone
Higher than echoes shouted by stars 
Turning cartwheels of light in the night sky
As welcome as trees I have named and  climbed
And whose branches close round about me
In spirit of comfort and nurture
As they  lift me skyward to see beyond the gates
As close as whiskers of ideas scratching my imagination
As sharp as an exploring thought  reminding me who I am
Where I have been and where I might go
To countries across the globe and down the lane
Speech  in tongues I could not name
Etching my heart with symbols of loyalty and fealty
To other hearts who share the same deep rushing beat
I do not know you
And yet
If thoughts can travel invisible  lines
Someday, we’ll talk of passions and possibilities
Then I’ll take you to my favorite diner
Where all the waitresses have black tattoos and golden hearts
Where it’s ok to drink the water which springs from
Uncommon ground
In this universe of which I sing

Denise Baxter~Yoder © 3/5/2014
© Denise Baxter~Yoder

No comments:

Post a Comment